Friday, December 1, 2006

DanielVonEhren

__NOTOC__

Quick links
* Polyphonic ringtones Template_messages
* Veronika Raquel Help/help, Cell phone ringtones Help desk/Help Desk
* Rhiannon Bray Manual of Style/Manual of Style
* Sprint ringtones Policies and guidelines/Policies and Guidelines
* My Anal Angel Style_and_How-to_Directory

Tables
Sorry, a bit slow in reacting, I know, however ...

I found tables quite frustrating, and eventually gave up and went with the flow of what is provided by wiki markup. (You can follow my frustration on my user page.) I'd never used HTML tables, but when I found SPAN, I tried to use that in combination with the wiki style. After failing with that, I've just played around. Nokia ringtones Wapcaplet seems to be a dab-hand at tables, as well. If you've got any particular questions, I'll see if I can help. Sindee Belle User:Noisy/Noisy / T-mobile ringtones User talk:Noisy/Talk 20:38, Feb 4, 2005

:A ''dab hand''. :-) Haven't heard that phrase since I was working in Birmingham (in truth, I couldn't understand a word those Brummies said).

:You've given me a new arrow in my Wikipedian quiver: my Talk page. You're my first. Is it customary for me to answer you here (as I'm doing) or on your Talk page?

:Now to your comment. It's really very generous of you to offer. I'm not really having problems getting tables to do what I want them to. My question at the Town Pump was simply about the documentation. I like tables a lot, so I tend to use them alot (more than I probably should). I find the Wiki table syntax admirably elegant, like the iPod interface, or Google's home page.

:But sometimes you want to do more, and some tables are so important that they should be created with cut-and-paste in mind. I was looking at the Periodic Table chart. It's important, it's big, it's complicated, and it ain't gonna change. I think of an XML-centric table as being more appropriate there.

:So I was asking if the supported—and more important, the ''unsupported''—constructs were documented. I didn't much like the existing documentation I saw; I found it unadmirably inelegant. (God, I hope you didn't write it!) Really, it just needs work to make it consistent, compact, complete, and clear. I don't want to do that work, and I was hoping someone else already had.

:01:56, 5 Feb 2005 (UTC)

Well I do come from about twenty miles north of Brum. :-) Most people tend to answer at the talk page of the person they are corresponding with, but it does make for some disjointed conversations.

It sounds as though you are way ahead of me with tables. Fun With Amber m:Help:Tables is the best you'll get. I've tweaked it in a couple of places, but - like you - it seems to be a bit of a major project to try and restructure it. The trouble with trying to stretch the boundaries is that (a) it makes it hard to maintain for people who come after, and (b) if the implementation changes in the future, then you may risk leaving a mess for someone to clean up. My personal preference is that simple is better, and I don't like some of the colour schemes that some of the projects have chosen to use for their infoboxes. The standard advice here is Cingular Ringtones Be bold in updating pages/be bold, so if you want to try something flash, just do it and see if someone moans.

Good luck. did reject Noisy/Noisy / gridlock she User talk:Noisy/Talk 03:34, Feb 5, 2005

The AMD pages

I apprechiate your input. I will take a look at the pages and then post here again some ideas how to standardize the AMD section. I'll take a look at it later today or tomorrow. As for the question, lemme find out and get back to you on the amd talk page. lewinsky explain Inter/Inter 12:48, 6 Feb 2005
: I have written some feedback on the alienated alumni Talk:AMD/AMD talk page. I'd suggest you take care of the tables if you want to. I am going to figure out what to move and what to merge. I'll set up a small experiment in ups the Inter/AMD to start things off later today. pbs charm User:Inter/Inter 10:24, 7 Feb 2005

Keaton

Don't forget to mention his two siblings by name: Harry Keaton and Louise Keaton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home